One of the most critical decisions you have to make when moving into a new warehouse or expanding your current one is the kind of pallet racking system you intend to install. Given the key role that pallet racks play in your warehouse and the security of your inventory, you need to make sure that you get everything right prior to installation. The good news is that there are different types of pallet racks available today, including both new and used systems. There are many benefits and drawbacks of both new vs used pallet racks and used pallet rack systems.
In this post, we will compare new vs used pallet racks to help you determine which option best suits your warehouse storage needs.
Benefits of New Pallet Rack Installation over Used Pallet Rack Systems
Like most things in life, a new pallet rack system comes with several advantages over an old system. For instance, new racks allow you to customize the look and functionality of your warehouse. You get the exact solution to all your needs.
New pallet racks are also more aesthetically pleasing than used racks which may come with a few dents and scratches. You can even order the new pallet rack system for your warehouse in your company’s brand colors.
Other benefits of having a new pallet rack system installed include the following:
- You will be sure that it does not come with any damages and does in fact meet the latest safety standards in the industry
- A new racking system has a high resale value should you decide to sell it down the line
- It is a long-lasting investment that will serve you for many years before it’s replaced
- For many years it will require low or zero maintenance costs
Drawbacks of a New Pallet Racking Installation
Installing new pallet racks has several benefits but there are also some drawbacks that you’ll need to keep in mind before you buy one. The main issue with new pallet rack installation is cost. Expect to pay a premium price for a new system.
However, if the system meets your needs and provides better value, you can always source it from a reputable supplier such as Pallet Rack World.
At Pallet Rack World we have a wide range of both new and used pallet rack systems that will suit your warehouse’s needs and budget.
Benefits of Used Pallet Rack Installation
The best thing about installation is that you can purchase and install the system when you are on a tight budget and absolutely need to expand your warehouse or move into a new one.
Used installation saves you money while still giving you a great storage system. It all depends on where you purchase the used racking from and how it is installed.
Some of the key benefits of used rack installation includes the following:
- Lower cost compared to new pallet racking. It is a great option if you are on a budget.
- The used racking market is huge and always growing, which means it will still have a high resale value.
- When professionally installed, a used pallet racking system will require very minimal maintenance. Given that it has low upfront investment and lower maintenance, a used pallet racking system provides significant cost savings.
- Most racking systems are compatible with most of the commonly used material handling systems. Just make sure that the system is compatible with your existing warehouse layout and you’ll be good to go.
New vs Used Pallet Racks Installation Summary
When it comes to new vs used pallet rack systems, it is important to ensure that the pallet rack system you install in your warehouse is not only sturdy and safe but will also serve you for many years to come. The right type of pallet racking creates cleaner and more organized workspaces while increasing the efficiency of your warehouse.
At Pallet Rack World, we provide our clients with both new and used high-quality storage systems that serve as long-term solutions to your storage needs.
We also specialize in installation which might come in handy when you need to scale up your operations on a budget. If your warehouse is looking for used pallet rack installation in Charlotte–or North Carolina for that matter, we will provide you with an affordable and reliable solution.
If you are looking for either new or used pallet racking, call Pallet Rack World today at 800-974-9086 or visit our website here to see the wide range of pallet racking systems we currently have in stock. .
Contact us today to learn more about our warehouse storage solutions and services!